At Precision Footcare we use groundbreaking laser treatment technology developed to treat effectively. The laser is a safe medical device that works by shining a laser light beam on the affected area, neutralizing the pathogens located in or on the affected area. Laser therapy is used by podiatrists to help patients around the world.
10 Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal glands.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increases the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
The benefits of MLS Laser Therapy are: Reduced Inflammation – the laser energy will reduce inflammation and swelling. MLS Laser Therapy is able to accomplish this with no known negative side effects! Less Pain – the MLS Therapy laser will reduce pain by over 50% in three to four treatments and is non-addictive. Improved wound healing – the MLS Therapy laser will reduce the time it takes to heal wounds by increasing circulation and encouraging the formation of Fibroblasts, the building blocks of the healing process. Faster return to normal activities – Quick and painless, MLS Therapy is the quickest and most effective path to pain relief and healing
A Toenail fungus laser treatment procedure takes approximately 60 minutes to complete. This treatment brings forth fast remarkable results when compared to using topical medication, oral or home remedies. There has been no pain reported during treatment, you may feel warmth, but this is temporary and cools soon as the laser moves on.
Soft Tissue Laser Therapy promotes and creates an accelerated healing process at the cellular level to produce therapeutic effects without any known side effects, and without any of the common side effects attributed with other methods of treatment.
Soft Tissue Laser Therapy has clearance and approval from the FDA, and is countlessly proven successful as a treatment in hospitals across the world, including Harvard Medical School and Harvard Affiliated Hospitals.
In podiatry, laser therapy has merged technology with biology and physics, to achieve optimum therapeutic effects. Soft tissue laser therapy can provide improved healing time, pain reduction, increased circulation and decreased swelling.
Soft Tissue Laser Therapy works by using, specific wavelengths of infrared, and near infrared light, to accelerate the cellular healing response in the body.
Soft Tissue Laser Therapy Can Be Utilized In Treating:
Inflammation – when an area of the body becomes swollen, reddened, hot and painful.
Neuropathy – an abnormal degenerative state of the nerves causing pain and numbness.
Plantar Fasciitis – a disorder that results in pain in the heel and bottom of the foot.
Plantar Warts – hard and grainy bumps of skin growth, typically occurring on the heels, or balls of the feet.
Post Surgical Pain – the occasional varying degrees of pain associated after a surgical procedure.
Skin Ulcers – open craters on the skin, caused by various health problems, mainly impaired blood circulation.
Sports Injuries – the overuse or accidental undue stress, put upon the body while exercising or playing sports, such as weightlifting, aerobics, yoga, jogging, tennis, volleyball, football, soccer, baseball or any other activity that invovles body movement.
Sprains – the stretching or tearing of ligaments (fibrous tissue connecting two bones together in joints).
Strains – the stretching or tearing of muscle or tendon (tendons are fibrous tissue that connect muscles to bones).
Tissue Healing – the body’s replacement of destroyed tissue to regenerate and repair damaged cells.
Toenail Fungus – a nail fungal infection that can thicken and discolor nails, causing nail brittleness.
Wound Healing – the intricate process of the body repairing damaged and missing tissue after injury.
Laser Therapy Is Painless and fast acting with a cumulative effect in treatment.
Find out if Soft Tissue Laser Therapy is right for you.